Friday, February 23, 2018

TEXAS.

Day 166 – We were up by 7:30 and the wind was back. 24 degrees and a few clouds. We had planned to explore the State Park and take a hike, but after checking the wind forecast, we saw it was going to get worse out and remain that way until Sunday. We decided to move on rather than deal with the wind for 2 days. We could hopefully come back here another time to explore.

280 miles

Continue reading

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

RIDING AWAY FROM THE STORM.

Day 164 – I woke up at 2 a.m. The awning over the bedroom slide was banging and it felt like we were on a boat, the RV was rocking. The winds had returned.  I got up & checked on everything, then put in the ear plugs and went back to sleep. We were up by 7 a.m. and it was 33 degrees (not the 20’s they’d predicted), windy, cloudy.  An hour and a half later, we were getting ready to bundle up in warm gear and go out to the Petroglyph Site when we saw a dense layer of what looked like fog approaching us. It was a mixture of snow and rain – sleet.  Right now we’re deciding whether to just pack up and head southeast to Roswell today, or stay and wait for the weather to do its thing. We can always come back here again to do the lava hike and the petroglyphs. Okay, decision made – we’re outta here.

112 miles

Continue reading